MPH icon?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Brooks Rogers, Apr 24, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. So very in love with my SE, now at 861 miles. Amazing vehicle.

Had a nice day-long drive to an Earth Day gathering at Lee Vining near Yosemite.

An icon came up on the instruCluster I hadn't seen before. It was a round green disc and said "mph."

Checked the manual, nada under green indicators.

Came on when I was on the open highway with CrCon set for the speed limit. Haven't seen it on the local freeway around town, but only ever on it for 10 mins max.

Was about where the yellow Warning icon is here, maybe a little lower. A little hard to snap a pic at 70mph, the speed limit on a lot of our highways.

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Were you in GREEN driving mode? Sounds like a reminder that your speed was too high for optimal efficiency.

Brooks Rogers, Lainey and Toi like this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I believe @Puppethead has nailed it. These two pieces from page 215 of the Owners Manual I have online explain about the "Green Tip" symbols that can appear on your instrument panel when driving in Green or Green+ mode. The symbol shown is km/h, but I'm sure US cars must display the mph symbol.

upload_2021-4-25_2-2-3.png

5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

That's interesting, you can set the limit for GREEN but it's fixed at 55 mph for GREEN+.

Toi likes this.
  6. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

You can also set it for non green modes. I have mine for 79 since I have a lead foot and our speed limit is 65 in most places. Reminds me to slow down.

As an fyi if you go to the main menu and select the top right icon (can't recall if that's notifications or another) you can select that and get a read out of your warning notification. I'll attach a screen shot soon of where I am talking about in the next post.

AndGuz likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Got held up, but you can see all warning notifications here in detail.
    20210425_142956.jpg

9. That's it. Though it was a pretty round icon with a gradient green. Looked to me like Evvy was telling me I was doing something right. I recognize the curved arrow while it showed "mph." Kept wondering why it was telling me to go backwards.

Was in Green+, CrCon set for the hwy speed limit of 65mph.

Note: that's different than the high speed warning preference which I have set at 78 mph.

I mostly drive in GREEN, so no wonder I hadn't seen it before.

Thanks, mates! Here's the same page in the smartPhone app. IMG_0773.jpeg