More price increases for Tesla Model 3 ( Canada )

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by miatadan, Oct 29, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

I noticed that the recent October 2022 iZEV eligible list does not have 2022 standard range plus. Only shows 2022 standard range and was updated on Oct 27, 2021. Standard Range Plus no longer in the list like it was in 2021, 2020 etc.

With Tesla now has updating price to $56,380 + $2600 for Red Multi-Coat paint it is now $59,269.46 after all fees before tax and if the iZev $5000 rebate no longer applies , no longer affordable for me.

Considering the iZev rebate after all fees, I can afford the SR version as it is $49,168.46 ( difference of $10,101 ) than less $5000 EV rebate brings it down to $44,168.46 before tax. Without the iZev rebate, I can no longer consider the SR Plus version.

Only negative aspect to the Tesla Model 3 SR ( Canadian version ) is the limited 151 kms range.

Only other vehicles with low range ( BEV ) in 2022 that I know of in Canada is the
    following:

Mazda MX-30 EV with 161 kms
    and

Mini Cooper SE with 183 kms

Just that the others are based on FWD platform and I am used to RWD as past vehicles were Ford Mustangs and Mazda MX5 Miata.

I know there is a lot of Tesla hate here. Only issues I am concerned with is paint quality and body gaps but feel the Tesla drivetrain is the best on the market.

Normally if I travel outside the city, I am likely to hop on a plane.

Financing was preapproved at 2.4%

Dan

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Confirmed here:
    https://driveteslacanada.ca/model-3/tesla-increases-model-3-and-model-y-prices-in-canada-again-making-the-entry-level-model-3-ineligible-for-the-izev-rebate/:(

4. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

Hard to believe how expensive the Tesla Model 3 is now, could not afford it with the new pricing. Compared to what it was when placing my order and I get the EV rebate.
    IMG_4233.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

You are still getting it at the original price, right?

My understanding is Tesla is pressing folks to take delivery when originally scheduled. No more end of quarter crunch.

Bob Wilson