Model 3 likely to be Motor Trend Car of the Year

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by 101101, Nov 24, 2017.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Now its true that Tesla favored MT with better early access.

But its also true there is no remote competitor.

And in retrospect if Model 3 is the smashing share stealing commercial success it looks likely to be, MT will look stupid for not picking it.

I can't think of a competitor. The Bolt is not in any way a competitor- econo box styling and lack of pre orders and lack of comperable tech and quite apparent lack of sincerity on the part its maker rule it out.

If MT wants to acknowlede the electric clarity or new Prius it as the following year to do it in. To match the Model 3 for worthiness for the recognition this year I think they'd need a regular look, regular cost pure electric Camry or Accord.

A lot of people forget Tesla's first vehicle beyond the original roadster was a Model Y type SUV as the electric Toyota RAV 4.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

That sucks because they said in the intial review that the Alpha Romeo sucked in comparison on handling. That"s got to be a paid for manuever because quality etc. One reviewer called the Alpha handling a dead sponge or something by comparison to Model 3 etc.

4. I’ve booked a model 3, when’s it expected in india? Can’t really decide whether to change my present car now or wait for the model 3 ..,

5. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Well as far as car of the year there is always next year. Model 3 is reasy for full electric ride share autonomy. Its the the Model T impact.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. From what I've read, Tesla is planning on coming to India in 2018. It's hard to say when, exactly, it will be able to sell the Model 3 there. It has a huge amount of backorders in its established markets to fill and is negotiating with the Indian government about sales there. It may have to do some assembly there in order to avoid paying super-high tariffs.

So, my guess is that it may not reach India until 2019.