Missing piece on front bumper

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JohnT, Nov 26, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

Hi I just noticed that the driver side black plastic piece is gone.... I emailed that attached photos to my dealer - who has ordered parts... seems like the whole bumper that they are getting... told him there was no rush; and nothing electronic seems to have stopped.
    As they have only sold 4 cars this year; they don't have any idea about it.
    Anyone here got any insights?

Thanks John

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. kunz427

kunz427 Member

Its a cooling vent for your motor, if I'm not mistaken.

4. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

It is/was a solid piece of plastic so don't think it could help cooling (without it - maybe :) )

5. Timothy

Timothy Active Member

I think one side is a vent and one side is a blank to match the vent.

6. RickSE

RickSE Active Member

I thought there were missing pieces when I test drove the Clarity. Then I realized that all the cars look like that. It’s just a weird design choice.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It will be interesting to see what parts the dealer ordered.

I can't help it, I have to say we have two Insights--2006 and 2010. However, the best InSight is the one that NASA landed on Mars a few minutes ago.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    amy2421 and Pegsie like this.
  9. Claire Green

Claire Green Member

I got concerned enough to go out to the garage and check mine, it's not missing it's a cooling vent for some type of radiator behind the bumper. Maybe the radiator for the battery cooling coolant?

10. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

John that is the way every Clarity is built. You do not have any missing parts. If dealer actually ordered parts based on that photo it shows how clueless yet another dealer is about these cars...

11. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Driver’s side is a vent for cooling air flow and the passenger side is blocked off. Rather unusual that’s it’s not symmetrical. I believe I read some where the cooling air flow is for the electric motor below and it’s electronics in the aluminum housing to the right of the engine.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. JimW

JimW Active Member

I just checked my car. I agree with other that nothing is missing. The drivers side feeds a cooler or radiator.

14. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

Thanks All - much appreciated. It was all the road salt and dirt that got me worried.... after I got it washed I could see there were no issues. Thanks for the confirmations. John

15. lessismore

lessismore Member

LOL. I wonder how many of us reading your post went out to see if our part is also missing. :)

16. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

Please, please, wash your car! :)

chris5168 likes this.
  17. ryd994

ryd994 Active Member

One here