MINI SE Resolute Options in US

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Hatch, May 4, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hatch

Hatch Active Member

PA
    Hi All,

For those of you in the US that have ordered a Resolute Edition, what options do you remember being available? I found a page on MINI UK that shows these options available:

Tentacle spoke black wheels instead of Power Spoke wheels
    MINI Yours Leather/Carbon Black seats instead of Light Checkered cloth

Was wondering specifically if moon roof or roof rails are available, and also anything else of interest.

Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Scrambler

Scrambler Member

I have a Resolute Edition SE on order. The moon roof and roof rails were the only options available (aside from accessories like floor mats). I believe the default is moon roof, I opted for no moon roof. I asked two different dealers about adding the MINI Yours Leather/Carbon Black seats instead of Light Checkered cloth and was told it wasn't possible.

4. Hatch

Hatch Active Member

PA
    Thanks.. i visited my dealer May 4th and changed my Feb 28 order from a BRG / White Signature+ to a Resolute. Obviously this was only possible as ever since my original order, nothing but radio silence. I emailed several weeks ago and asked about build number, VIN, ANYTHING. Answer was "still waiting".

During the order switch I was also told there was no way to change seats or wheels on the Resolute. I still think this is B.S. I don't doubt their ordering software does not provide a way. But i don't accept special ordering is impossible, for simple items like seats and wheels. You can't tell me if the salesman wanted these items, they wouldn't look into it further. I guess the only way for a customer to try to get a special config, is make a request before handing over any money, and be willing to walk away if they can't do it.

I got roof rails and moon roof with mine as well. Now it's just waiting for the miracle of any news whatsoever.

5. Scrambler

Scrambler Member

I changed my BRG Signature+ order to the Resolute on March 23. Last update I have is from April 16: "Your MINI is still awaiting to be assigned a production number. It looks like this may happen around the 18th week of this year (May 2nd-8th)." Waiting to see if I hear anything this week.

6. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

MINI's special editions have always been very specific, they're not just new body colors or trim.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Hatch

Hatch Active Member

PA
    Not being able to get different wheels especially is ridiculous. I'm changing the wheels ASAP. It will be next to impossible to sell the power spokes for a reasonable price. I'll need to find some decent seat covers to protect the light checkered cloth. Personally i think the seats are cool looking, but will start to look bad when they get dirty.

UK customers buying a Resolute get to substitute seats with Lounge Leather and wheels with Tentacle spokes. Still very specific, but options are available.

https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home/mini-editions/resolute-edition/models-and-options-cosy.html