Mini Protect X

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Oliver Bloice, Jul 18, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hey y’all!

Does anyone have experience of the Mini Protect X product? This has been offered by the dealership and I’m wondering if it’s something I should invest in and whether it’s worth the £499 quoted.

Here is the email I received from the dealership (link at the bottom is a video);

One final thing my workshop manager has asked me to check with you, is whether you would like the superior level of preparation on your MINI ready for your collection? As you would expect, we will always prepare your MINI to a high standard, however in addition to this we can protect your MINI with the following treatments…

Paint Guard – Thanks to the likes of airbourne pollution, tree sap, UV rays, detergent and acid rain, regular erosion means that your MINI needs extra protection if you want to keep its show-stopping shine, wash after wash!

Stain & Leather Guard – This will keep seat fabrics and carpets stain-free, and make sure your leather stays soft, supple and delays the effects of dye transfer.

Glass Guard – This makes rain bead and disperse from your windscreen, while also helping to keep it clear of snow, frost, salt, dirt, bugs and grit. Ensuring you have better visibility to enjoy a safer drive.

Metal Guard – Prevents hot sparks from the brake pads and dirt and tar on the roads from ruining your MINI’s alloy wheels over time.

And the benefits don’t stop there, you will also be given a luxury take-home car care kit containing a wide selection of cleaning items that will help keep your MINI in perfect condition. So you can rest assured that your MINI, and its future resale value, stays protected.

If you would like to maintain your MINI’s showroom finish, enhance safety and visibility in wet driving conditions, and protect the future resale value of your MINI, this preparation costs only £499. Also included is a Lifetime Guarantee, so we will always be here to help if anything was to not meet our promise.

https://u1476979.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=8jd2PGOSIvZEvqBa-2B8GfwCvNZEw2Vaoa6eN8Nm168O0ZpNkVgVL-2FZ5j9fb-2Fq4K4tpNSx1AedJ8pDqx86RLbVTw-3D-3DSK-d_nh3XJbH6AYs0iIYRMK4qCnqddjPsJDzizMhVGRRTDztVo2ChMp7Wj8BvE-2F2SxHTwrs3BVrzxqEPU0FYgf53iduYO38yc2zvN7LEVGeX-2BHqrwj7cGGulUKJ1vYlspceajIBheFCH64l-2BCfi3NsHVxg5SSGctHaOv1DLPoSYPTtFQJ62GOJkBKklmWpbOtQmV5BL5P-2Feyu3EkSDZPrS4HwbKuWUEX8bVjWaoM-2F2cwlMvPvzyDz8-2FCqL66qsKNxSMEv

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. fizzit

fizzit Active Member

I'd say don't do it. That's one of the dealership scams they use to jack up the price, like documentary fees and such. If you're really concerned about the paint I would get a clear bra installed at a shop.

insightman likes this.
  4. F14Scott

F14Scott Well-Known Member

Tell you what, I will apply some Tutle Wax, Armor All, and RainX for £498.