Mini Glitch

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by luluna, Jun 27, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. luluna

luluna New Member

Just documenting my experience in case anyone else experiences it:

After charging my 2023 Cooper SE (Resolute) at a local ChargePoint (Level 2, from 35 to 99) it started honking randomly while driving, while the locks were also randomly locking and unlocking.

After I made my way home and placed the car in Park, the windows and mirrors joined in on the fun, closing and folding on its own.

I made a few test drives around the block afterwards and it was a mess. It honked at random dog walkers and caused a lot of confusion.

After remembering that this all started after charging at a ChargePoint station, I figured that maybe something got wonky and the car was experiencing random software panics.

I did two things - I plugged in the level 1 charger that came with the car. It was already at 99%; I let it charged to 100%.

I sent a precondition command on the app, in case all the locking and unlocking was the result of some cached remote command.

After I did these two things, the Mini stopped acting demonic. Crossing my fingers that it was just a one-off situation.

If this happens to you, try using provided level 1 charger, and sending a command to the car via app.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. endquote

endquote Active Member

I thought that was just a feature of the Resolute edition. It comes with extra attitude.

pictsidhe, xd366, chrunck and 2 others like this.
  4. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

Sounds like MINI is developing its own version of Tesla's "light show" and you're the beta tester!

In all seriousness, I'd probably reach out to your dealer and at least report it in case they've heard of anything similar. It could be the start of a real problem like an electrical grounding issue.

It might possibly be your key fob too if it got any moisture in it or a button stuck or something loose. Not sure what happens if you try to use the lock/unlock/window functions while actually driving?

Qisl and luluna like this.
  5. luluna

luluna New Member

That's a good suggestion ~ I have a video I can send over to my local dealer.

That is an interesting though. I might try to use my fob with the SE in drive and see if it does anything, lol.

endquote likes this.