Mini Cooper SE Beltline

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Quorn, Feb 9, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Quorn

Quorn Member

The beltline on my mini comes partially loose when driving.
    It looks as though the clips are not as secure as they should be
    Any one experienced this annoyance?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

Did you contact your dealer?

4. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

Each belt line area attaches a little differently. The rear sides have a clipping system that can break pretty easily and annoying to seat right. I’d take it to the dealer too, let them fix it free. If not there are videos of swapping chrome for black belt lines to show how it all works.

SameGuy likes this.
  5. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

Do you have the standard chrome trim or the piano black, “Port Installed” trim?

6. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

This thread is another example of someone asking a question, getting feedback and requests for clarification, and never responding. @Quorn

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

When I hear "installed at port", I envision longshoremen wrestling off the chrome trim and pounding in the black trim pieces. I'm SURE this is doesn't happen but I''m just sayin.. like dealers, I'm sure all BMW Port facilities do not provide the same service. I was just curious.

SameGuy likes this.
  9. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    The Halifax Autoport — owned and operated by CN — processes over 240,000 vehicles destined for Canadian buyers from European manufacturers every year. BMW/MINI has their own dedicated fitment centre within it (as do VAG, MB, Volvo and the rest), but I believe it’s Autoport doing the work under contract.