Mini Cooper SE 2022 cabin Air filter

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Quorn, Jul 5, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Quorn

Quorn Member

Has anyone changed the SE cabin air filter. You tube video is for the ICE model not the SE?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I haven't done it yet. Isn't the SE an S with the absolute minimum changes to make it electric?

4. Quorn

Quorn Member

No, the Mini Cooper SE is a fully electric car. Many design changes including a change to the cabin air filter location.

5. insightman

Perhaps the batteries needed the space all other F56 MINI Coopers use for the cabin air ducts? At least wherever MINI moved the cabin air filter, they didn't change the part number.

6. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Should be in the same place as the F56 ICE. Use a T20 screwdriver on the passenger transmission tunnel footwell area.

insightman likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I had mine changed as part of my warranty maintenance, but I bet I'm due again out of warranty.

9. Quorn

Quorn Member

here is a picture behind the passenger side access panel on the 2022 SE
    notice no access to cabin air filter inside right access panel.jpeg

10. teslarati97

According to the F56 guides, the cabin air filter flap to the right of your picture?

airfilter.JPG

SameGuy and fishbert like this.
  11. Quorn

Quorn Member

thanks

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Pete Nelson

Pete Nelson New Member

Did you find microfilter ,still can’t find it in my 2022 se

14. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I’m sorry but that picture is from YouTube and is GAS Mini HAVC on SE is more complicated and I give you a 2 pictures passenger & driver side and also I located cabin filter for SE 2021/22/23 .That filter is use in Many Minis and check a picture you see it .But I’m so piss of is No access to cabin filter on both sides .I just want to check if my filter was changed at service maintenance 2 weeks ago .Going by the size of that 2 as set filters I don’t see any access/ flap/ door or any design to fit that filter there. Today is late but tomorrow I take that CAR to bits to locate the CABIN filter ! On those 2 panels I didn’t see any signs like they were of screws were tight and no marks on panel’s maybe technician wore white gloves. My hint is like filter is accessible from under a hood on fire wall why bc in order of my recall to change 12 v. Battery cover the whole plastic between windshield and hood have to be removed I find out tomorrow . IMG_1174.jpeg IMG_1172.jpeg IMG_1157.jpeg Those fitments are for filter

Attached Files:

15. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Agreed I post the same picture and driver side too

16. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I went also BMW I 3 route cabin filters were in a foot well on passenger side floor but in SE a carpet is not removable dead end for now.Picture showing I 3 cabin filter box with nice door clip on image.jpg

17. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

IMG_1179.jpeg IMG_1178.jpeg
    I call 5 SE dealers service so far no luck where the access to cabin filter is located like @ Quorn posted a picture and I the same picture is no access there .The best thing happens when I contact genius from BMW they mention liability that’s why dealers not provide information about it.I start questioning if during my maintenance my cabin filter was replaced.Can anybody else jump on a subject to try solved that CABIN filter dilemma? The post we have already cabin filter on ACE car pictures that some dealers suggested is the same which is not.Those 2 attach pictures are from dealer and they ask field service mechanic if this is for SE to me obviously is ACE housing assembly for filter.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
  18. teslarati97

I really thought it was there, but I guess that's just for the F56 ACE. :(

miniairfilter1.jpg

19. minimania has something which may help..
    or just search for the filter there. Under and behind the glovebox, the panel is secured with clips.

20. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I nothing under a glove box’s in SE just an air bag cover /assembly

21. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Finally I get there but my iPod was to big to do decent picture but I try to show as much I could any way to replace a cabin filter in SE is impossible for me with 6 ‘1” frame and 200 lbs and now I know why we call a car MINI .A door/flap is between fire wall and housing of HAVC as far they can put that filters and I was looking in front of that unit for easy accessibility that’s why they charging big $ to replace that filters .For now I’m good with filters for 2 years which was part of free maintenance. IMG_1183.jpeg IMG_1180.jpeg IMG_1181.jpeg IMG_1182.jpeg

PoweredUp likes this.
  22. insightman

Thank you, @Rexsio, for your persistence.

This must have been one of the last pre-production engineering conversations for the SE:
    "The checklist says we need a procedure for changing the cabin air filter. Did anyone write that up?"
    "We put in a cabin air filter? Where?"
    "Tell the intern to find the filter and come up with a way to change it."

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    Rexsio likes this.
  23. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

Cabin filtre is the exact same as on the ICE car. Same stupid location and procedure

insightman and SameGuy like this.