MINI app update (downgrade)

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by CuriousGeorge, Jul 22, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

Automatic update today took away mileage data in charging history. :(

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

Damn. They changed the reporting. It no longer reports the mileage, and apparently only reports the kwh, cost, plugged in time, starting time, fully charged time, and unplugged time. This applies to previous charges, not just today's. Not exactly an improvement. Any Mini app programmers on this forum?

(The mileage is reported under INFO, not charging.)

4. CuriousGeorge

Yes, now we will have to check INFO (or just read the odometer) and record the mileage some time before driving off again.

(Since I didn't know to do that today, I had to calculate the mileage at which I plugged in then unplugged by subtracting the distance I drove from the mileage at the end of my trip.)

5. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

That's just another benefit for always charging at home.

6. xd366

xd366 New Member

the update note said that we could now see the charging curve.

is this only for public chargers? i dont see it on mine

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. CuriousGeorge

If it is, it's not retroactive.

9. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing anything about a charging curve. And the lack of mileage at the time of charge has disappeared from earlier charges.

10. fizzit

fizzit Active Member

That really sucks, I look at that all the time, no way I’m going to remember to write down my odometer every time I plug in.

11. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. Fortunately, there's another spot in the app that shows the current mileage - scroll down on the first page to "INFO". It's the fourth line.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. inferno10

inferno10 Member

I wonder if it's just a copy/paste error from the BMW app update notes. Here's a short from Tom Moloughney showing the feature in the BMW app: https://youtube.com/shorts/_cZZtjuSS4s?feature=share

I definitely don't see that tab underneath my charging session details.

xd366, SameGuy and fishbert like this.
  14. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

I see a bug fix update (v3.7.1 on iOS) was released yesterday. I just exported my charges for July, and I'm seeing odometer mileage for each charge session.

I don't see any charging curves...but all my charging last month was at home/Level 2.

inferno10 likes this.