MINI app on Android

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Louis W, Feb 20, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Louis W

Louis W Member

Does anyone else using the MINI app on Android have issues with the app constantly logging you out? I use the app maybe once a day or every other day; when I open it, more often than not it has forgotten my credentials and prompts me to login (again) and set up my PIN (again).

I've given the app all the permissions it's requested and have disabled "Pause app activity if unused". I've disabled app notifications because they're aren't very useful. In recent memory, the only time it hasn't done this was once, out of sheer frustration, I sent feedback via the app. It was probably coincidence, but for 1-2 weeks, the app worked perfectly (as far as the login anyway).

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, clearing storage, clearing cache. I'm not sure what else to do short of resetting the phone. Any ideas?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

I've noticed this as well. I can access the app for seven or eight days with only a PIN, and then, bam, I have to enter my username and password, and then confirm my PIN. PITA. Other than that, I like the app. And I'm a firm Android user.

4. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

I've had good luck lately (past 2-3 months), but that has happened to me occasionally, where I have to log in multiple times, sometimes just a few days after logging in. Not sure what causes it ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I have the same problem, but I'm too lazy to seek a fix. I just re-enter my credentials when I find the app has forgotten them.

6. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Yep. Like insightman I just go through the motions.

SameGuy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    FWIW, the iOS app logs me out all the time, but with Face ID I don’t even notice.

Puppethead and Rogwp like this.
  9. 1stRegeeEV

1stRegeeEV New Member

Hi,
    Yep, I have to log in pretty much every time if I leave the app, LOL, I thought this was the way it is designed to work It IS rather annoying.

Here's another thing I don't care for... There's been a few times that I think there's been some type of update and some of my settings are different/changed (for example the number of times my signal light flashes). It's kind of creepy to me, seems like my privacy has been invaded. Oh, and every now and then when I unlock the door from the handle button the mirrors will unfold, but not every time....

10. chrunck

In my experience, they don't unfold if you folded them with the interior button. If you folded them with the fob or door handle, then they unfold when you unlock the car.

SameGuy likes this.
  11. 1stRegeeEV

1stRegeeEV New Member

Oh interesting... I've never folded them any other way besides the interior button because I didn't realize that was possible... How do I fold them with the handle?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. chrunck

Hold the button for about 1 full second.

Also supposedly holding the lock button on the fob will make them fold, but I'm not sure. I used bimmercode to program mine so just a quick press of the fob lock button folds them.

14. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

It does with mine, but you have to hold it a long time.

I didn't know about the long press on the door button. I will have to try that.

1stRegeeEV likes this.
  15. Louis W

Louis W Member

After I posted here, I left a complaint / review of the app on the Google app store. The dev did respond and said they were looking into a solution, for what that's worth.

The latest thing I tried was to removing the widget from the homescreen. To my pleasant surprise, it's been a over a week now and I've had no login issues. Maybe try this if you're having difficulties?

1stRegeeEV, Lainey and SameGuy like this.