MileageRange

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Mohammed Chowdhury, Nov 4, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. My Meter showing EV range 65 km & HV range 11 km .. I understand the EV range which means it will go 65 km as it has 100% charge but my clarity has half tank gas too on it so; why the HV range shows 11 km with Half Tank Gas .. I don’t understand the HV range
    IMG_4792.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It means that based on your past driving behavior, your Clarity believes that if you select HV mode, you can travel 11 km before running out of gas. You'll still have about 65 km worth of battery power available to enable you to find a gas station.

4. Alec

Alec New Member

Have you completed all recent updates related to the EV/HV estimate? TSB #18-090, and 18-091, 18-097.

Mohammed Chowdhury likes this.
  5. Richard_arch74

Richard_arch74 Active Member

". . .why the HV range shows 11 km with Half Tank Gas .."

MC, How do you know that you have a half tank of gas?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Inside EVs mobile app

6. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

As @Alec said, get all the Service Bulletin updates. Also fill up your tank and then report what the HV Range estimate says after you drive some in HV. Could you share your total miles driven and how much approximately was EV ans HV?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. How to complete those update ?

9. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

A Honda dealer can do this.

10. I just took my clarity delivered a week ago . I think they updated with most recent .

11. KentuckyKen

I hope you’ve got a good dealer and that they did successfully installed all of them. Be warned though that there have been several posts where the dealer lied about doing the installs and did not check to see if the install was completed and successfully working.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Ok but how can I confirmed that the dealer installed & it’s working so far

14. KentuckyKen

You should have gotten a service invoice from the dealer If you brought it in for the updates. Is dealer said it was done before the sale, then I’d be suspicious and ask for documentation.

You will know if the HV range update was done after filling up the tank a few times, especially if you do a large percentage of EV with HV. The HV Range estimate will increase to wholly unrealistic numbers the more you fill the tank.
    If you can find a ChargePoint public EVSE, you can try charging at it. It seems the CP EVSEs are the ones most likely to show up any susceptibility to power fluctuations. That might tell you if the updates for multiple warning lights and power fluctuations have been installed successfully.

Otherwise you have to trust the dealer (which this forum has shown to be an iffy proposition) and convince their Service Dept to hook up your car to their diagnostic tool and check what updates are called for. Or if the dealer said they installed them, I would demand that they provide the documentation that they did and that it was successful.
    Fortunately, my dealer is very reputable and had no problem agreeing to install the updates when I showed the Service Advisor the Service Bulletin numbers.

15. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

Gas the car up, if your range is inaccurate call the dealer service department and tell them your range is showing crazy values. They should schedule an appointment.

Honda won't do free software updates unless your car is showing the issue. Under warranty the dealer will bill Honda for this software update. Not sure if there is a way to check if software updates are installed by yourself.

The main reason my next car will be a Tesla is timely delivery of over the air updates. Here we are a year later on the Clarity and people are having software issues that could have been rectified for the entire fleet 10 months ago. Think of all the unfixed issues that will never be fixed?

Anyway, I love the Clarity and will enjoy it for many years. It has cut our family's gas usage dramatically and is a nice comfortable car to drive.