Michelin CrossClimate2 initial impressions

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by SSpiffy, Sep 25, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SSpiffy

SSpiffy Member

Replaced OEMs last week at ~43,000 miles. They still had plenty of summer life, but winter would not have been safely possible.
    I expected more noise, but in normal driving not noticeably louder. Still too soon to look at reduced EV range.
    Since I work races, I was driving to/from my station at Pacific Raceways in Kent this weekend on them. Photo taken after last race yesterday while stacking cones. Dry and wet, they had plenty of grip while cornering. Louder than stock tires were in acceleration and braking, no appreciable squeal while cornering. I've raced my formula car here, so I know the lines. I didn't get close to the limits of the tire, but leaned on them pretty hard. They seemed to have more cornering grip in the wet than the OEMs did. [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I've been a fan of Michelin tires for many years. However, I don't think you chose the best photo to illustrate their grip. :)
    upload_2023-9-25_20-25-44.png

4. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

I have the same. Ultimately pleased with the purchase. They do reduce EV range a bit.
    This is the only tire I've ever owned that ocassionally grabs a piece of gravel and sticks. It manifests in a clicking sound when driving. I stop at some point, look at the wheels find the rock and remove it with my hands. It hasn't been a big problem for me (doesn't cause flats) but it just keeps happening. Something about the 'tracks' in the tire seem to be a perfect fit for some rocks. Now others may of never seen this, I don't know. YMMV. And I still like my cross climate 2 tires so its not a big deal.