Meet the 4 door Renault econo box that beat the Taycan at Nurburgring

Discussion in 'General' started by 101101, Sep 8, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Yes the Renault Megane R.S. Trophy-R beat the Taycan at Nurburgring by about 2 seconds and a 2015 Alfa Romeo Guilia beat it by 10 seconds which suggests the Model 3 performance should be able to beat it by at least that much because if I am not mistaken Randy Pobst beat that Giulia at Laguna in a Model 3 Performance and Laguna is thought to be a more difficult track because its less forgiving. Laguna is however a good bit shorter so that magnifies differences, 2 seconds at Laguna implies a wider gap at Nurburgring and it also means by the standard of the claims leveled at Tesla it should be a harder challenges for if those claims still hold- but apparently they no longer hold due to Musks proper agression. At Laguna a much shorter track the Model 3 beat that Guilia by 2 seconds driven by a non pro driver (Cameron Rogers, Giulia also driven by a non pro) but that time also matched the Laguna Seca time of Randy Pobst (manufacturers choice test prof) in a Caymen GT4 981 and surprise, surprise that same car (Caymen GT4 981) driven by a pro driver Christian Gehbt at Nurburgring had the same time as the Taycan Nurburgring. I don't think that is an accident and it looks like the Tesla times have been taken down at Laguna but they are recorded on the net- I suspect Porsche had something to do with this, by implication it is only able to say that that a Taycan Turbo S could match a Model 3 Performance at Laguna- but remember the Model 3 doesn't get winded as far as we know and it is about 1000lbs lighter than a Taycan Turbo S and will outdrive/outhandle the BMW 3 series.

I expect Porsche to cheat at Nurburgring- best look out for sabotage there Tesla because is what Porsche has a history of doing with stuff like its emissions tests. I think they are trying to delay because they are trying to get their shill reviews out. But now that Tesla has retained Nico Rosberg to race the S their against all the BS games Porsche and Nurburgring are playing about reserving time and lap time not being available, they really should have him beat the Taycan times in a Model 3 Performance and then publish the hell out of it and then have a bunch of sport enthusiasts do the same and publish that.

How did the little econo box Megan(e) beat the Taycan? Well its 2230lbs lighter than the Taycan. The Taycan weighs at the higher end of the F-150 truck weight range which may be a hint into why Elon if I am not mistake says the Tesla pick up will handle better than a Porsche sports car if it just does better than the Taycan it will have done better than tens of Porches at the Nurburgring. There are many Porches worse on the list than the Taycan but the 2017 Honda Civic R type is only 5 spots behind the Taycan and closer to the Taycan than the Taycan is to the Megane. But now Tesla has to make sure the new Roadster does better than the best McLaren the P1 LM did at that track- current production care street legal record holder or just over a minute faster than the Taycan. Prior to the PM LM it was Nio's electric that was on top.

One interesting note about the Megane is that there is an all electric version.

bwilson4web likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Ordinarily I'm not a fan but:
    You did a good job here ... even if a little wordy. Paragraphs are your friend.

Bob Wilson