Matte paintd

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Kktxod, Jan 21, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Kktxod

Kktxod New Member

I have just ordered an ioniq5 in shooting star matte and have yet to take possession. I have become aware of the special care needed for this finish and wonder what experiences people have had with it. The dealership didn’t tell about it, probably because they didn’t know.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Here's a guide from PPG. I was surprised to learn from this guide there are products for protecting a matte finish:
    There are many products on the market designed specifically for the care of matte or low-gloss finishes. Treating your matte or low-gloss finish regularly with these products will protect the finish, make it easier to maintain, and prevent water spots from forming.

4. Kktxod

Kktxod New Member

5. insightman

6. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Not sure if you know this, but you get a matte finish care kit with the vehicle. It will have the correct supplies and instructions. You can order more from Hyundai too.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

I've never seen Shooting Star (Matte Gray) in person, but it looks good in this video (although it's "Matte Grey" in the video from across the pond).

Mike Bearsails likes this.
  9. JasonG

JasonG Member

I have a 2023 with the Shooting Star exterior. It's a beautiful exterior color! I ordered some items from Amazon that are for Matte paint. I will be following the directions from Hyundai carefully so the finish isn't damaged... Thanks to insightman for posting the pdf!

Mike Bearsails and insightman like this.