map updated

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JKroll, Jun 23, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JKroll

JKroll Member

map updated per garmin instructions. It did not take 1 hour. Took about 15 mins

I am not too happy about the navigation -- usually tells me to take opposite direction to where
    i want to go.

Actually I was happy with Garmin instrument earlier so dont know why this sucks so bad

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

I've been surprised by how much I like the built-in nav; maybe it's a regional thing (I'm in the mid-Atlantic region). I had planned to use Waze all the time (I still prefer its mapping and traffic handling, even though it can be a resource hog), but I've found that I'm often using the built-in nav because it's so easy.

4. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Active Member

I prefer Waze. I like to contribute to the location of accidents, objects on road, etc. I read that Waze is not available yet on Apple Car Play. It should be in a couple of months.

5. Tangible

Tangible Active Member

Waze is included in CarPlay in iOS 12, which is now in beta and wil go live after the summer. Supposedly, Honda doesn’t need to do anything. Are there any brave beta folks out there who’ve tried it?

6. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

maybe a nitpick, but what Apple announced is that third party nav apps will be 'supported' (as third party music apps, like Amazon are now). I assume it'll be up to Waze to make it work on CarPlay.

7. To remove this ad click here.