Map update trashes free all-channel Sirius XM trial

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Bookbear, Jun 18, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Bookbear

Bookbear Member

I purchased my Kona EV a month ago. It included a free 3 month all-channel trial of Sirius XM. I already had a subscription to XM from my other car, and transferred it to the Kona.

Up until the map update, I was getting everything, with the understanding from XM's support that after the three month trial period, it would revert to my 'Mostly Music" subscription, with my original renewal date.

Immediately after the (so called) 'map update', among many things that were missing or changed, my Sirius radio disappeared. No trial, no subscription, not even the channel 1 demo. Following the on line instructions from Sirius, I sent a refresh signal to the radio, and now I have my subscription of about 20 stations back, but no all-channel trial, which still had two months to run.

Anyone else run into this? Any luck with a dealer being able to restore the remaining time on the free trial?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I would contact Sirius directly with a screenshot of this webpage and negotiate the remainder of the free trial subscription. A Hyundai dealer will probably offer little to no help :
    https://www.siriusxm.ca/transfer-your-service/