Manufacturer's Paint Code for Energetic Yellow

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by David Comstock, Aug 11, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hi everyone,

I saw in another thread that C4N is apparently the manufacturer's paint code for Energetic Yellow but want to validate that code is ACTUALLY the correct color code for energetic yellow? When I google it online it looks more golden so not sure I can go off of that.

Anyway, I'm looking to custom order caliper paint in energetic yellow from G2 and they've confirmed they can match that paint code but just want to be sure C4N is correct before placing the order...

Can anyone say for certainty that C4N is in fact the correct code?

Thanks for the help!

LaurieS likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. LaurieS

LaurieS Active Member

I want to do the same with mine. The accessory guy at my MINI dealership actually painted some for a client and used the G2 product. He mixed the bright yellow with the lime green and it is a good match. I am going to do the same for mine. Someday.

4. Well not sure if you know this but you can custom order colors from G2, you just need to give them the paint code. I emailed them asking if they could custom match C4N and they said yes, but before I order I just want to verify that is in fact the correct code to use. It costs a little more but worth it IMO for them to look right.

SameGuy likes this.
  5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

MichaelC likes this.
  6. endquote

endquote Active Member

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Thank you, yes I saw you had previously posted those. I actually sent that info to the and unfortunately G2 only takes the MFG's paint code.

9. Thanks for validating it's correct... Yeah I found a company (G2) that makes custom caliper paint I just needed to ensure that code was the correct color before placing my order

10. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

That what I use on my calipers and with Victory spoke wheels I hardly see what is there. AE153112-3C74-44FF-8E44-86388DBB7186.jpeg DE43C639-6D5C-44EF-904A-D2DFF7B51C18.jpeg

David Comstock, endquote and ghost like this.
  11. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Wait. I thought we’d been over this already in another thread, where someone said G2 refunded the payment because they only mix body color codes, not trim.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Yeah I too saw the same thing based on that previous post but when I contacted them directly they got right back to me and said, "that should be a code we can mix"

I guess I'll submit the order and see if they refund me and let you guys know either way. In the same email they just said they can only match manufacturers' exterior paint codes... didn't really specify body color codes vs. trim color codes if that helps?

SameGuy likes this.
  14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The last 50 British SEs should be convertibles with their bodies painted Energetic Yellow. How much would you pay, knowing you won't get a tax credit? How about $60K (remember, limited to just 50 examples)?

15. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

We never going to see them in USA they sold already to people with connections. Why only 50 ?

16. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm sorry I didn't add a disclaimer saying this was my daydream. MINI's Plant Oxford is not really going to make any electric convertibles for sale--not even for $60K apiece. In my daydream I imagined a run of 50 high-priced special cars to end the amazing 4-year run of British-built MINI Cooper SEs. I may be the only one, but I'd want my convertible to be Energetic Yellow.

17. Doc J

Doc J New Member

I'll corroborate the earlier post that C4N is the official color. I called the dealership parts office, and the C4N was their response.

18. SameGuy

YUL
    Insightfulman

19. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

Apologies for being lazy here, but IIRC somebody stated that multiple shades of yellow are used on the SE. If that's true, does anybody know the paint code for the yellow ring of the hub caps (not the Power Spoke wheels)? They seem a little more intensely yellow than the boot blob or the Ss on the grill/side scuttles/boot.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
  20. SameGuy

YUL
    C4N Energetic is very close to the blobs and esses, but the center cap rings and Power Spoke rim bands are closer to Oracal Brimstone Yellow and 3M/VViViD Daytona Yellow. Sorry, don’t have the paint codes.

21. CuriousGeorge

Thanks, that's actually very helpful.

SameGuy likes this.
  22. SameGuy

YUL
    I like those two hues better anyway (over larger areas) than the blob color, so I’m ok with a bit of clashing or mismatching; the calipers and rim details are far enough away from the scuttles and badges that the clashes don’t grab any real notice. These two alternates are also closer to the Bright Yellow of the optional yellow mirror caps.

23. CuriousGeorge

Right, it was the calipers I had in mind. No point paying for custom mixed paint if it doesn't match the yellow of the hub center caps anyway. (I have black Victory Spoke wheels, so that's the only other yellow nearby.)

Has anybody here just opted for the stock G2 caliper paint? If so, how close would you judge it to match the other yellow bits? (I'm not looking for an exact match, just want to avoid an obvious mismatch.)

SameGuy likes this.