MA Purchase Price

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Aspesi4, Jun 4, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Aspesi4

Aspesi4 New Member

Anyone found a better deal than $29,600 for the base Clarity? I've received this price from Commonwealth Honda. Also got a price of $29,900 from Honda North. Looks like the price of these are coming down to stimulate interest.

Now I just need to negotiate my trade in and I should be picking one of these up in the near future.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. AaD

AaD Member

The only dealer participating in the mass energy drive green program (ironically in RI) is offering 30,250, so I'd say anything under 30K is great. Based on our experience, the dealers have done little to promote these cars, so may be trying to just get them off the lot. Make sure to ask them if they have been maintaining the battery and not letting it sit dead.

4. Aspesi4

Aspesi4 New Member

What's the concern with letting it sit dead? I guarantee many of these cars have dead batteries. I test drove one the other day and all of the 5-10 Clarity's were not charged.

It is funny how the only Drive Energy participating dealer is in RI.

5. AaD

AaD Member

From Honda service bulletin 89-003, posted recently on this forum (can't recall where)

"Maintaining batteries in unsold vehicles is the dealership’s responsibility, and is an important part of ensuring a battery’s operating life. If a new battery is not properly maintained and is allowed to go dead, it greatly affects the battery’s long-term life, which can lead to unnecessary battery replacement and customer complaints. If a battery sits in a discharged state in hot weather (above 80°F), the electrolyte is closer to water. This water permanently sulfates the internal plates similar to oxidation and prevents charging and discharging. In cold temperatures, a discharged battery’s electrolyte may freeze which can cause damage to the internal plates and prevent starting. Therefore, if you do not properly maintain a battery according to the scheduled inspection and charging intervals, the customer may receive a damaged battery or a battery with a low state-of-charge."

My guess is that if you are seeing 2 bars on the battery level and the car has been driven in HV mode here and there you are fine, but I am new to this so don't take my word for it. Ours was delivered without a charge as well. They didn't even bother to rinse off the pollen... (Boch Honda west in Westford).

6. Eric1978a

Eric1978a New Member

Was the $29,600 an advertised price, or a legit quote from the dealer?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Aspesi4

Aspesi4 New Member

Legit offer. I received a $29,600 offer from Commonwealth, a $29,700 from Atamian Honda and then $29,900 from Honda North. All real offers.

Eric1978a likes this.