Looking to put a hitch on my Kona 2021, will the ICE version be the same?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by jerkwagon, Jan 23, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Looking online no site shows Kona EV just kona, i looked at one installation guide and it showed a muffler got me thinking, will this even fit?

Anyone install a 1 1/4 in hit on your kona?

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

check out the thread on this forum:
    hyundai kona electric trailer hitch

electriceddy likes this.
  4. Yes, I have install it. And like others has send with the link, you need to buy Curt 115201.

5. Mia

Mia New Member

Yes. I had the one mentioned in the link put in by Uhaul here in CA. Way cheaper than what the dealer was going to charge us. Took the guy a lot longer to line up the holes to put the screws in but he did it and we have happily used it for our bike rack now.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. U-haul wouldn't install mine because it was a2021 ev and they have no documents on it. Even though it fits the 2020. I told them they are the same, but wouldn't do it because they didn't have enough staff on and said they need to remove the battery, that's when I knew they were not qualified to do the job right.. I'll go to another one that has exp..

8. TheLight75

TheLight75 Active Member

It’s not that hard of a job to do but it can be a bit tricky because if the right quarters to maneuver the hitch receiver into place. The regular Kona receiver will work as the frame holes are the same.

9. Which U-haul did you go to? I had mine done at the Langley one on 56th ave a couple years ago. There was no specific doc for the EV version at that time either (2019), but they still did it. Removing the battery?? I don't believe the 2021 is any different where the hitch goes than my 2019. And they did a great job, at a very good price.

10. To remove this ad click here.