Looking for settings in the new user interface

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Bookbear, Jun 17, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Bookbear

Bookbear Member

Two questions:

1. There used to be a setting that allowed you to remove the charging cable once the car was fully charged without having to unlock doors. I cannot seem to find that in any of the menus for the new user interface. Can anyone point me to the location?

2. Does anyone have the url for the replacement for the Quick User Guide? Hyundai says they have replaced the old printed quick guide that came with the car with a new version, but they only give a QR code to scan. I am assuming that since this is bundled with the notice embedded in the new update that the revised version shows revised menus and screen shots or drawings that pertain to the new user interface?

Thanks in advance!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I believe your answer for Question 1 is on the lower panel controls by your left knee.

[​IMG]

As for Question 2 I have no idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

electriceddy likes this.
  4. The light is off indicating the connector will remain locked to the vehicle after charging is completed, to prevent someone stealing your cord as they use in Europe, here the cord is tethered to the EVSE so no need to lock after completion. With the light on (illuminated blue), the connector can be removed after charging is complete without having to unlock the doors. There was nothing ever in the media software that would do this function, only provided with the switch.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    mho likes this.
  5. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

The answer to #2 is it is in your Blue Link app on your phone. Open the app and select "Car Care". The Owner's manual is there.

6. Bookbear

Bookbear Member

Ah... so not something enabled via the screens. Thanks.

Shawn Schinkel likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I have this URL, for the web manual. I needed to follow a QR Code then send it to my real PC.

http://webmanual.hyundai.com/STD_GEN5_WIDE/AVNT/USA/English/

Keep in mind I haven't downgraded my OS to the new November 2020 version due to the loss of functionality, but I think this is the correct link. I stand to be corrected by a braver soul who installed this or a later OS.

9. Bookbear

Bookbear Member

Thanks.... I will give it a going over tomorrow. Much appreciated

10. Bookbear

Bookbear Member

Thanks, but I don't need the complete owners manual, I only want the updated guide that replaces the Quick Guide that originally came with the car.

11. Bookbear

Bookbear Member

Can you point me to the QR code?
    Thanks!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. The QR code is on the head unit in the car. You can tap the 'menu' button, then the 3rd option, or find 'user manual' in the icons. (Uness the November 2020 'update' broke this too....)

14. Bookbear

Bookbear Member

Thanks, Dave.... yeah, that QR code points to the nearly 500 page owner's manual. What I was after was either a revised Navigation guide, or the 'revised' 'Quick Start' booklet, that lists, among other things that were changed, the voice commands. I understand that there were new commands added. Thanks, though, no worries!