Lock Behavior tied to Specific Key Fob Used (maybe other settings)

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Viking79, Jul 25, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

FYI, if you aren't aware, the door lock settings appear to be tied to the key used to open the door. So if you get weird unexpected behavior, try opening and starting the car with each key and make sure settings are set appropriately for each key.

We were confused by behavior where it would sometimes unlock all the doors and sometimes only unlock the drivers door. My key was set to unlock all the doors, but when we used her key and in the settings the setting for opening all the doors was cleared. When we travel together it will sometimes pick up the wrong key if you are both standing by the door when it is opened.

Steven B and K8QM like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. weave

weave Active Member

Took me a bit to figure that out. I thought I was losing it. Like I set it so it auto lock when you walk away from the car, then the next day I walked away and it didn't auto lock. I went into settings and had to set that pref again. Turns out I used two different keys.

Now I've just given one to my wife and keeping the other. That way also you can set your seat preference and it will automatically adjust it depending on what key fob is used.

Viking79 likes this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Also, only one fob gets to be the "walk-away lock" fob. I'm often frustrated when I go to the garage to get something from inside our Clarity and have to return to the house to get my fob because my wife's fob locked the car as she walked away.

5. Emanuel Green

Emanuel Green Member

I really wish there were an option to "walk-away lock unless I'm parked at this location". It's so annoying to have the car lock itself in my garage and need to go fetch my keys when I later want to put something in/take something out.

FlaDave and insightman like this.