LKA icon on HUD???

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by ComfyKona, Oct 5, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ComfyKona

ComfyKona New Member

Hello!

I’m trying to figure out how to see the active lane keep assist green/white lock icon on the HUD? On the cluster there is the little icon that turns green when it locks on the lane and starts to help with steering or turns white when it loses its lock on the lane.

I saw a YouTube video where the icon was displayed on the HUD so you didn’t need to look down to know when steering assist has disengaged. This seems like an obvious feature and I am wondering if I just can’t find the menu option? Everything is turned on in the HUD menu and active lane keep assist is turned on. Seems odd to not know with the HUD if I need to steer more.

2020 with ultra trim.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. In mine the LKA is on the HUD permanently, unless LKA is switched off (I guess). As you say the lines are solid white, grey etc depending on road definition.

4. ComfyKona

ComfyKona New Member

I’m talking about the green icon to let you know it has a lock on the lanes and automatic steering assist is engaged.

5. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

I didn't think it was green, but it the spot where the adaptive cruise control shows the 'road', if the edges are illuminated, it indicates that it senses the edge of the road.

6. ComfyKona

ComfyKona New Member

Hello if you or anyone else happens to see this thread again....

I experimented and see what you are saying about the edges of the road becoming illuminated when it senses the road but this does not correlate with driving assist. The edges can be illuminated without the green icon on the dash.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. There’s three degrees of “LKA”

1. lane departure alert: lines are detected and speed is above 55-60km one or both lines will darken depending on what’s detected and if approached will alert.

2. Lane departure assist (stupidly named in the menu as lane keep assist) both lines need to be detected and speed above 55-60, gentle nudging of the steering wheel will occur to stay off lines, often people have it in this mode and complain that active lane assist is poorly working as they ping pong down the road.

both of these “conditions” need to be met for “full” active lane keep assist to work:

3. Active lane keep assist, better named active lane centering. Both lines need to be seen clearly and speed above 60-65km. In this mode the system will more aggressively attempt to hold the car between both lines. When the previous mode conditions are met and the “confidence” is high enough the system will auto engage and show a green car on the lower left of the LKA display window or statically in all display modes. If the confidence of LKA is lowered or other events occur the system will fall back to a lower mode like 2 or 1 automatically and back up. You can still have a lane departure warning and the car can still steer you off a line even if full lane centering isn’t in control.

think of it as degrees of confidence that are progressively higher. In the settings you can turn off the higher modes but to have the highest mode the lower modes are still active but more or less redundant.