Living with the Ora Funky Cat

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by fishbert, May 10, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

Thought this might be of interest, being sort of a cousin to the next-gen electric MINI.

Akanaten, Domenick and pictsidhe like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Lexi

Lexi New Member

Very good review ... I have a black Cat ... get circa 187 out of it and really enjoy the sport mode. I enjoy being told to concentrate when I'm sipping my morning coffee in the car by my chirpy in-car assistant ... she even told me off for looking tired, once :) But, quick question for you - do I need stick on deflectors if I pop to France, given its LED automatic headlights? Nothing in the manual and the scanty UK dealers haven't a clue! (As you say, that is a huge downside of this cute wee car - almost zero support, even from the dealers.) Cheers!

4. Thanks for sharing a bit about your Cat. I was totally puzzled by your question about the deflectors, though, until I did some web searching. For anyone jumping into this thread, France has a law against dazzling other drivers with their highbeams. If you're coming from a country where they drive on the other side of the road, your headlights may point more toward oncoming traffic when driving on the "proper" side of the road. I have to admit, this had never occurred to me before.
    Looking around, it's not clear whether the Cat needs deflectors or not. It may not, depending on how much to the right it throws light. This page may help. https://ledlightinginfo.com/led-headlights-beam-deflectors

5. Lexi

Lexi New Member

Yes, thank you, I saw that article when hunting for an answer! Although I assume I’ve got ‘modern LED headlights’ which have a flatter beam and don’t require deflectors… it’s not definitive as it says some still need them. I’m currently awaiting an email response from GWM since there’s nothing in the manual. Dealer doesn’t have a clue! I’m surprised no one in the world has asked this question … am I the only one daring to drive abroad in an electric car???? :) Anyway, in the absence of a definitive answer, I guess I stick on deflectors at 7 o’clock and hope that no French gendarmes ar

DJCoopster likes this.
  6. Lexi

Lexi New Member

… are in the oncoming traffic when we’re driving at night! Thanks for replying.

Domenick likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.