Link to build Model 3 online

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by DSK, Oct 8, 2017.

To remove this ad click here.

1. DSK

DSK New Member

Anyone knows this link? I love to play with options to see how much one would cost for me.
    No, I did not reserve one.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Jennie

Jennie Member

Interesting. I thought one could just go to Tesla.com and play in the design studio but that does not seem to be the case. Under Model 3 FAQ it appears that there isn't even an option to configure until after you've reserved and it is closer to your build time. Makes sense with the 12-18 month wait time but does take the fun out of window shopping!

https://www.tesla.com/support/model-3-reservations-faq

4. Josh Bryant

Josh Bryant Member

5. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Sadly, it's been the case for some time now that Tesla doesn't give its reservation holders access to the configurator until they advance far enough in the line that they are offered the opportunity to convert their reservation into an actual order. That applies to the Model S and Model X, not just the Model 3.

Too bad that Tesla doesn't put a "dummy" configurator online so people can get a better idea of what options are available and how much the total cost would be. I can maybe see a reason why Tesla would not want to do that; as Tesla adds and removes options for its cars, and sometimes changes prices, I can see that they would get complaints from people who had played around with the configurator to find exactly what they wanted, but then when the time came to place the order, some options and/or prices might have changes. Tesla certainly doesn't want to create frustrated would-be customers!

6. DSK

DSK New Member

Thanks, Josh!

7. To remove this ad click here.