Lectron V2L adapter

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Joel M., Mar 21, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Joel M.

Joel M. New Member

Lectron had a social media contest a few weeks back for V2L users. One used an air fryer with their V2L adapter. Has anyone actually tried this adapter to power household appliances? Just want to know if getting one is useful in real-world conditions LOL.

https://www.facebook.com/lectronev/posts/pfbid033oqanFFrpRjYj34M7hGWQj8Dqn2HeY33Etojc1W6aYVBnspX5y9BauDB6QKzZDrnl

https://ev-lectron.com/products/lectron-v2l-adapter-compatible-with-hyundai-ioniq-5-vehicle-to-load-adapter-power-your-devices-with-your-ioniq-5-black-1-pack?_pos=1&_sid=4ca518b59&_ss=r

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

You wrote, "useful in real-world conditions," but the real world is different for different people. Are you going to power a TV at a tailgate or are you hoping to power a campground of tents, each with their own 15-amp space-heater?

For only $120, why wouldn't you just buy one? The specs say that V2L adapter can deliver 15 amps. So the real world is a single tent with a single space-heater.

4. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

I think for $120 there is good value. As long as the load is not motor based (i.e. voltage sag or current rush), there should be no problem with 120V small appliances.

Even the Toyota Sienna has 120V outlets you can use to microwave bacon!

5. Canadian price $300.11 + tax.
    [​IMG]
    When I p/u my (yet to be ordered) 2024 Kona, I think I will use the Hyundai one to avoid any warranty issues, (providing it is readily available) otherwise it does seem to be a "pretty good deal", Lectron definitely has a good name with their adaptors etc, and I do own a working (48 A max) Tesla to J1772 adaptor from the same company.

Domenick likes this.
  6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

I won't consider buying one ... yet. Why would I? Especially if I can get rid of this vehicle and having to deal with Hyundai (ID10ts). But, if guaranteed I'd keep the car, the adaptor is well worth it.

Joel M. likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Joel M.

Joel M. New Member

I heard Lectron always offers discounts all year round. Will expect the price to even go lower in the coming months. Maybe this Easter?

9. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Probably another 5% discount? What are you planning on using your V2L for?