Leather steering wheel on base Clarity

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Naughtysauce, Oct 2, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Naughtysauce

Naughtysauce Member

Just bought an 18 base, wanted the touring but prices are too high and stock is very limited.

I'm completely happy with the base, actually prefer the dash materials as the suede was a turn off for me. The only thing I'm missing is the powered/memory seats and the leather steering wheel as the base plastic one is horrendous.

I've seen some in the forum that swapped with the Civic/possible CRV leather wheel. Unfortunately, the posts I've seen doesn't state whether the paddle shifters fit and if the bottom part of wheel with the wood trim fits.

This member posted his swap, but there was no follow up after installation that I could find. He ran into issues but didn't elaborate or followed up and now he's sold his Clarity.

If anyone has done the swap please chime in

Also I'm not interested in the Clarity touring wheel as its almost $700 at the dealer.

https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/any-base-model-owners-add-your-own-leather-steering-wheel-wrap.3365/

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

The OEM part (78501-trt-a50zb) is available through the online parts outlets for more like $425. This may still exceed your threshold of pain.
    There are a number of used steering wheels available on eBay, but surprisingly none of them are Touring. Perhaps if you are patient, a used one would come along.

4. Naughtysauce

Naughtysauce Member

Hey thanks for the reply. I'm most likely not going with the Clarity touring steering wheel as it's way above my price range. In the process of buying a type r steering wheel for around $145