Leather seats in Base model

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Aleksandar Mitrovic, Feb 19, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Aleksandar Mitrovic

Aleksandar Mitrovic New Member

In December of this year, my 2014 Toyota Prius started giving us trouble and we determined that it was time for a replacement. We wanted something that we can take for trips yet minimize our emissions around town. Honda Clarity seemed like a perfect candidate.
    We found a car in California (we live in Arizona) that was new but the 2019 base model (purchasing it in Jan 2021) and was going for $24,745 new. With a $7,500 federal tax credit. We preferred the Touring model but this was a much better deal. We purchased the car and while driving it from California we realized two things. First that seats are hard and not comfortable for long trips and more importantly that base seat material is synthetic which immediately caused an allergic reaction on my back. This of course was a big problem. We love the car but the seats needed to be fixed. I did research and found that Katzkin produces leather alternatives for base seats. I loved it at first sight and purchased it right away. The option that I chose was $1,364 installed with a 3-year warranty and I can not be happier with how it turned out. The seats are just like if they were a factory. The new seats are not as hard therefore they solve the comfort problem plus the synthetic material is gone.
    I am attaching pictures of the combo that I selected and before and after pictures. let me know if you have any questions if you are considering going this route.

Attached Files:

JFon101231 and Pooky like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Boston_Pilot

Boston_Pilot Active Member

That interior blinded me with all the cream color!

4. That’s a nice upgrade. For us the 6-way adjustable seats were a required item. I prefer to be able to bring the front of the seat cushion up and the rear down, for the most comfortable position. That isn’t possible with the mechanically adjustable seats.

5. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

Wow. That’s really good. I literally bought touring just for the leather seats. Could have saved some cash.