Lead acid batteries and supercapacitors

Discussion in 'General' started by Jorge Huerta, Jan 1, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jorge Huerta

Jorge Huerta New Member

Hi All,
    I would like to know your experiences about the mixing of lead acid batteries and supercaps and how they works together.
    I just finished my ev conversion. It is subcompact size car using a 72V A.C. system that I bought from a company called Empower from China. The car has 9, 8 volts 150AH Trojan lead acid batteries, and I would like to add a 72 Volt super capacitor Bank to use it when the regenerative system comes in action, my idea is to use this capacitor bank to get some power available for the lead acid bank. I'll appreciate any suggestions about this idea, or webpages where I can learn about this topic in particular, is this a viable way to increase range? Any suggestions are welcome,

Thanks all for your time,
    happy new year!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Hi,

You might have more luck posting your questions at:
    http://ecomodder.com/

There are many technical wizards there who will deconstruct your project with more skill and patience than I have time for today.

"8 V 150AH Trojan lead acid batteries"
    "72 Volt super capacitor Bank"
    • We need the specific model to get the technical specifications.
    Batteries are a near constant voltage, energy storage. In contrast, super capacitors are a voltage, energy storage device. Both require active, power electronics to work:
    • What is the part number and vendor of your lead acid battery management system?
    • What is the part number and vendor of your super capacitor management system?
    "my ev conversion. It is subcompact size car"
    • Pictures would help
    • What is the original subcompact car make and model?
    Offhand, this posting lacks technical details making it hard to offer any suggestions.

Bob Wilson