Latest Honda App requires IOS 13 or higher.

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Wayne Wilson, May 10, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Wayne Wilson

Wayne Wilson Member

That means my app has now stopped working on my iPhone 6. The 6 can't be updated beyond IOS 12. The currently installed app, which was working, now tells me it can't work anymore and I have to upgrade it, which I can't do, because the latest app requires IOS 13 or later! Catch-22 in the electronic age, features which you once paid for get effectively turned off.

The only thing I will probably really miss is the ability to remotely turn on the climate control, although I used to use it to alert me that it wasn't plugged in and needed a charge at night.

The iPhone 6 is now 7 years old and was last sold new 5 years ago. As cars get more like computers, their effective life span could begin to mimic consumer electronics. That is, unless you own a Tesla. Tesla will update the electronics inside your car to the latest version (for money of course) and their app works with IOS all the way back to IOS 10.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Think maybe it's time to buy a modern smartphone?

4. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

Not sure what the point of this post. The iPhone 6 is old, just update to newer iPhone.