Kona won't charge - 2019, new battery

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Soona, Dec 19, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Soona

Soona Member

I had the new battery installed in my 2019 Kona about 10 days ago, and have since charged and discharged the battery several times, it was operating normally. Today, though, the battery won't charge. When I plug it in, the surround light goes white, then instead of turning green (charging) it just goes out. I tried several times. I even went down the street to a public charger (DC fast charge) but that didn't work either.

I have no idea if it's because of the new battery install, or just a coincidence. I'll call the dealer tomorrow but wonder if anybody has an ideas? Very frustrating! We were going to ski tomorrow but I don't want to run the battery below what I'll need for the 6o mile trip to the dealer.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Well, if it didn't work on DC that eliminated a lot of questions. No warning lights on the dash? Maybe they forgot to fully secure one of the several larger connectors or the service plug under the rear seat.

4. Can't hurt at this point to reset the 12V system. If it were me, I would grab a 10mm socket and disconnect the negative from the battery for about 10 minutes. Reconnect & cross your fingers, may be a software glitch perhaps after resetting BMS etc with the new pack change...good luck- let us know if it resolved ;)

5. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Stupid question - any chance your Charging Settings have changed? Like PEAK time charging "only" or something?