Kona ultimate question

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Mia, Jul 28, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Mia

Mia New Member

I am shipping our 2020 ultimate on a car carrier across the country. Does anyone know if I should fully charge first or let the battery run down?
    Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Just charge it ... don't overthink it. :)

4. We shipped our 2019 from New York to Florida, it was not charged fully but it was somewhere about half full.

electriceddy likes this.
  5. From the factory, new Kona EVs are shipped about 40% SOC, with the interment panel fuse panel switch in the off position to avoid unnecessary 12V accessory battery drain;)

mho likes this.
  6. Have the charge somewhere in the middle 40-80% and you'll be alright. Depending on how much range you need when you drive from the port you're picking it up to home.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

I picked up my new 2020 Ultimate at the dealer - 17% SOC ...

9. Your traction battery will be fine, charge it up as you like but do yourself a favor and put your 12V battery on a low amperage charger overnight. God only knows how long its been sitting at low state of charge since being last used or installed. Mine was buggered right off the bat, it was factory ordered and the only delay from its birth to my hands was the 8 weeks of transport and prep. This was before the BMS update that addressed some of the 12V battery charging deficiencies, so that may have helped.