Kona Preferred Speaker Upgrade

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by K0NA19, Jun 20, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. K0NA19

K0NA19 New Member

Just wondering if anyone ever considered upgrading the speakers on the preferred model or if it would have a significant impact on the overall consumption?

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I'm pretty sure a change of speakers wouldn't have any significant impact on the consumption. I mean we're talking maybe 200 Watts of the speakers. The AC uses between 3 and 10 times more.

Also if you change speakers the consumption is only the difference between the old and new ones. If you don't change the radio, the consumption probably wouldn't change anyways because the radios output doesn't change.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

K0NA19 likes this.
  4. EnerG

EnerG Active Member

I'm relatively certain the overall consumption will be impacted. Your wallet will take a beating thus the amount of wine you can afford will be reduced therefore negatively affecting your consumption:eek:

Kitsilano, Jared Potter and Esprit1st like this.
  5. What if you make wine at home? What if you still had cases left over?

TheLight75 likes this.
  6. That would most definitely impact consumption!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Maple

Maple Member

No impact at all in my opinion. The out put power of audio system is determined by the amplifier not the speaker. For example the amplifier output is maximum 10W you can use 10W speaker get 10W sound. Also you can use 100W speaker but you only get 10W sound on 100W speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

9. Matt Plaschka

Matt Plaschka New Member

Question is - can you upgrade the audio in a Preferred model easily?