Kona Nav imports... anyone doing/done any?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by hwitten, Jul 23, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I used an export and information gathered on FB to do an import but it's a bit cumbersome so I'm wondering if anyone else is using the feature with better/smoother success.
    It does mess with existing Favorites some so cautious use is a must.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. No bites... don't blame you :)
    After messing around with it for a while I've come to the conclusion that it's almost a total waste of time. The import is only for the Address Book and not a smart import, it replaces the Address Book completely. Be sure to do an export first if you are inclined to give this a try but be prepared to redo any Favorites you might have set up, I.e. Home.
    In retrospect the only advantage to doing an import (after an export) is that you can have better titling.
    I added PetroCan stations that I might frequent but by the time you search out address and convert to LAT/LONG it would be just as fast to to do a 'Places' search and then save it. Since the file you'd be working with is XML one has to be careful so as not to add or miss a bracket, etc.
    It's been a somewhat frustrating exercise but since the 'feature' was there it had to be explored. End result is that it's not much of a feature. Oh well. :)

electriceddy likes this.
  4. I think something similar has been tried before ( maybe some info you could use):
    https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/unable-to-sync-my-contacts-from-android-to-nav-system.7825/

5. Integration for Phone is ok but for Nav it sucks as there is none :(
    A bit better with CarPlay but until Nav is displayed in HUD from CarPlay I'll not be using it (CarPlay) very much, even though I have it working wirelessly.