Kona EV rear space, legroom and ventilation

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Jays0, Dec 24, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jays0

Jays0 New Member

Hi,

Can any current Kona EV owners comment on the rear space, legroom and ventilation?
    Is the space enough for average-sized adults, eg. 5 feet 9 inches tall?
    Will rear seat passengers get enough air?

I am seriously considering buying one as my next car but I am concerned about moving from a huge petrol car which has great space and rear ventilation to an EV which might be too small and stuffy. My son gets car sick if he doesn't get fresh air while travelling.

Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

The rear seats are tight ... I had a couple people sit there for a short trip. They were both under 6' and it definitely felt "tight" to them. The ventilation is fine though. PS - I have 2020 Ultimate... I don't have extra (rear seat) passengers anyway 99% of the time. All that said, I LOVE LOVE this car. So fun & feature rich.

4. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

5'10" ~195 pounds

First thing I did was hop in the back seat, found it acceptable.

Considering the percentage of time a car has 4+ adults in it, I would have bought it.
    It was the superior luggage space that drove me to the Kia

If size is the thing, don't buy such a small car
    There are larger EVs that are only slightly more money

5. I don't think any of those areas are brilliant. Perhaps an Ioniq 5 instead?

6. Kona57

Kona57 New Member

I have a 2022 EV and it is tight in the back. Ok for people 5'5 or under , but I would not have purchased if I needed to haul 3 or 4 average sized adults regularly. Air blows cold and plentiful and I am in the desert. Its a great car for 2 people.

Tim94549 likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Genevamech

Genevamech Active Member

The Kona is not renowned for its luxurious rear seats and spacious cargo capacity. It's an outstanding commuter car/grocery getter but I dunno about a family vehicle. There's no shortage of reviews on YouTube with people sitting in the back seat and examining the cargo space in detail... I actually recommend Bjorn Nyland's reviews since they're pretty thorough on practical matters.

9. More or less a repeat of the other comments.
    I'm 175 tall (or 5-9 in the old-fashioned units) and 76kg (165?).
    I use the back seat as a mobile office frequently, and it's good for that for an hour at a stretch. For long distance, I've never tried, but assume it would become cramped quite quickly. We're empty-nesters and the extended family are all smaller then me, so they don't mind.

Three people with luggage; hopeless! Get an Ionic 5.

Air is icy-cold even in the back. Hot/humid climate here (especially this week!) but it handles it no problem.

Hope everyone is having a Cool Yule.