Kona Charging port open when it's closed

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by eileen, Oct 10, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. eileen

eileen New Member

Kona keep sound that charge port open when it's closed.
    Open charging door, check the charging port cover closed properly and closed charging door but still get charge port open in the display panel and the alert sound is annoying.
    Tried multiple times open and closed the charging door, but still not help. Any expert can advise how to resolve this or how to turn off the alert sound. Thanks a lot.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sounds like the door closed sensor (or the harness wiring) located on the back of the actuator, is defective. Recommend to take it in, as the nose will have to be removed to repair it.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to @KiwiME for the diagram:
    https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/charger-door-wont-open.10100/#post-117262

4. The same thing started happening to me about 2 months ago. I brought it in to the dealer and they ordered a new part, so far they haven't called me back to say that it has arrived. It is super annoying as you get the 10 or so beeps every time the car goes above 10 km/h, particularly bad in stop and go traffic. The beeps also come one whenever something comes on the screen, so if you adjust the windshield wipers, another 10 beeps.