Kia Niro EV beta testers wanted - offering free charging and more

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Scott Burns, Nov 8, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Scott Burns

Scott Burns New Member

Hi All,

I'm the director of product for a company called WeaveGrid (www.weavegrid.com) and we work with major utilities to deliver financial benefits to EV owners, as well as better integrate EVs onto the grid (supporting renewable energy generation and grid stability).

We're currently only supporting Tesla vehicles, but are looking to extend programs for Kia EV owners as well.

To do this, we're looking for Kia EV owners to help us with benchmarking our reads of Kia charging data to data coming from external charger sources. For the help on this R&D partner program, we're offering free charging and $300 in gift cards for participants. And you'll help support future utility benefits for Kia EV owners.

We've been working with Hyundai Kona EV drivers as well, you can see similar feedback from a relevant InsideEVs forum here.

Can you help us out with a 15-minute chat to share background on your Niro experience and learn more about our R&D partner program? Sign up here or reply in this thread. (US-based drivers only)

We're offering a $40 gift card just for the chat as a token of thanks.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Are you interested in Canadian Drivers?

Scott Burns likes this.
  4. Scott Burns

Scott Burns New Member

Thank you for reaching out ElectroDad. Wish I could say yes, but we've tried to work with other drivers in BC and unfortunately couldn't connect as we'd expect.

5. RetepEVCar

RetepEVCar New Member

I setup a meeting from the link above earlier this week which was easy. I just got off the phone with one of the weave grid employees and they were pleasant to chat with and was informative on what they do and what they were wanting from me at a high level. I am looking forward to working with them going forward and I will update with more information based upon future contact and experiences. (While writing this is, I have already received the $40 gift card to Amazon less than 15 min after the call ended)

6. Scott Burns

Scott Burns New Member

Awesome - thank you for talking with us! Glad you enjoyed the chat as well. Let us know if you have any questions - we're looking forward to working with you as well.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Thanks for having me along for the ride.

Jim in Taxachusetts

Scott Burns likes this.
  9. Signed up just now using your link. Talk to you or one of your peeps in 7 hours.

Scott Burns likes this.
  10. Scott Burns

Scott Burns New Member

Hi David - thanks for signing up. Unfortunately, we had a conflict arise just as you booked the session later today, so I'll follow up on the scheduling service to see if you have any time next week.

11. Scott Burns

Scott Burns New Member

Hi All - thank you all for the overwhelming support! We've gotten such immense help, we're hitting our limits in serving additional R&D partners right now. We'll have to pause further conversations and enrollment for the time being, but will get contact info for interested Kia drivers and aim to follow up about collaboration in the coming weeks.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. djtuner13

djtuner13 New Member

That’s great news. I have a 2022 so I’ll be happy to help if you open back up.