Kia EV9 details - price, range, availability, etc

Discussion in 'Kia EV9' started by Domenick, Oct 25, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Motor1 has put together an "Everything We Know" post for the Kia EV9, so besides just linking, I thought I'd lay out the main points here. Some of the "facts" are estimates at the moment, so we'll try to update this and add specs until deliveries begin, at least. Please feel free to add your own observations or questions to the thread.

What: 3-row SUV on E-GMP platform
    When: early 2023
    How much: Around $50,000 base

OldEVGuy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm surprised no US manufacturer other than Tesla has addressed the 3-row EV market yet. At way less than half the price of a Model X, the EV9 will be a hot item (uh-oh, another high-demand E-GMP vehicle + US Hyundai dealer = $$$ "market adjustment").

Domenick likes this.
  4. insightman

Oops, I meant Kia dealer (both Kia and Hyundai dealers in the US like market adjustments).

5. phiswiz

phiswiz New Member

I would like to know what the actual size will be. Telluride is mentioned a lot but I hope its closer to Traverse sized. I have a VinFast VF9 RSVP but will switch to this if its better/more available.

Domenick likes this.
  6. insightman

CarBuzz has specs for the Concept EV9. Of the size, they write:

While the production Kia EV9's dimensions are unknown, it's bound to be close to the Concept EV9 in size. That dictates a length of 194 inches, a width of 80.9 inches, and a height of 70.5 inches. The wheelbase, meanwhile, measures 122 inches. Interestingly, it's slightly shorter than the Telluride, but both taller and wider, and the use of an EV skateboard chassis will translate into a massive interior.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Smitty79

Smitty79 Member

Now that it's been seen at CES, is there any better size data?

9. insightman

I couldn't find any photos of the EV9 at the CES. Is it the concept version again or did they finally show the production vehicle?
    Here's the most I've read about the EV9, but not the finalized info you're seeking. I'd be surprised if the concept EV9 wasn't close to the size of the production vehicle.