KIa EV5 concept surprise debut!

Discussion in 'Kia EV5' started by Domenick, Mar 20, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The Kia EV5 concept was revealed today during what is the brand's "China Day." Fittingly, then, the production version of the vehicle is first bound for the Chinese market, before making its way to other's.

There is limited information about the EV5. No news about which platform it uses, but it's expected to be on the E-GMP.

Visually, it bears a lot of similarities with the larger Kia EV9, which just had its own production design debut a few days ago.

kia-concept-ev5.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Deeks

Deeks New Member

Domenick-would you have any information on KIA EV4 estimated US arrival/other info?------Thanks,Don

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm no Domenick and I don't have great Googling skills, but this Carscoops article implies the EV4 won't be coming to this side of either ocean (Americans buy bigger, not smaller):

This model will primarily cater to the needs of European buyers, and is intended to serve as a new entry point into Kia’s zero-emission range, at least before the smaller EV3 enters the market.

Domenick likes this.
  5. I haven't seen anything that says it's coming to the US, but the info out there about it seems to have come from Kia's European Marketing VP, so he may not have all the info about their US product plan. Or, that plan could have been updated, because I think the EV4 would sell quite well her if they can get the price below $40K.

If they did bring it to the US they'd have to produce it here to be competitive on price. It just so happens that Hyundai Motor Group is building a huge factory outside of Savannah, Georgia with an initial capacity, post ramp-up, of 300,000 vehicles, expandable to 500,000 if the market warrants. I was thinking they might use it for Ioniq 6, but EV4 makes even more sense.

The timing lines up, with reports saying EV4 is coming end of 2024, and that's when production is scheduled to begin at this new factory. There's also a possibility it could be made at the Kia plant in Mexico, which they've said they are going to use for two new models.

6. Also, just created an EV4 subforum, and I'll try to add some info in the next few days. I saw there were already spy shots out there.

insightman likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Hope this lands in the U.S. At 181” this is the perfect city SUV. A little bigger than the Niro, slightly shorter than the Ioniq 5. SUV with higher ground clearance, because it’s a squarer design, cargo room shouldn’t be bad.