Kia Customer Service???

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by GeeeMCeee, Nov 15, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GeeeMCeee

GeeeMCeee New Member

I’m currently (not) driving my second Niro EV. The first a 2019 EX, this one a 2020 Premium. Almost two months ago driving to work I got the check EV system warning light, pulled over turned it off, restarted and no light but did notice that the m/kWh had dropped from 3.8 to 3.6. I watch it fairly religiously. The next day the same thing happened only the mileage started and stayed lower. Contacting Kia roadside assistance and the dealer no one could tell me anything except you probably shouldn’t drive it. It’s a lease so I didn’t want to risk any damage. Kia had it towed to the dealer that afternoon. This was 9/22/21 now nearly two months later and after 35-40 calls to the dealer service and Kia consumer affairs no one knows anything. I really like the car and was anxiously waiting for the EV6, but the lack of response from Kia makes me really doubt their
    commitment to customer service, and think would I really want to buy another Kia. I’ve even been tempted to go back to ICE . I called the 855.454.2847 #, and my case was escalated, this doesn’t seem to make the slightest bit of difference. Does anyone have any other contact information?

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. You still paying KMFUSA for a car you can't drive?

You're probably meet a Lemon Law condition, after the delay.
    In which state have you registered?

(My impression of KIA service is pretty low.)

4. GeeeMCeee

GeeeMCeee New Member

Registered in Mass which seems to have a great Lemon Law and I have more than met it’s requirements, I’ve talked to a couple of attorneys and called the “VIP” line to start a Lemon Law claim, but really would rather get it fixed, than try to find something else while prices are so high.

5. That's sensible - choices are limited, and at outrageous markups.
    Will KIA at least provide something to drive, while the EV is out of service?

6. GeeeMCeee

GeeeMCeee New Member

For a rental the dealer quoted me $99.99/day the first time I called the next time it was reduced to $139.99/day. If the problem turned out to be a warranty issue the rental would be free. The Kia roadside assistance contact said Kia would pay $35/day or $40/day if I was able to rent a Kia. In recent conversations more than contact has told me that amount is negotiable.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. How can this be anything other than a warranty service?

You're out your lease payment *and* rental fees?

I've said it elsewhere, the biggest deterrent to buying a KIA is their dealer network. I'm near Cape Cod and would really like to know which dealership to avoid (yours).

9. GeeeMCeee

GeeeMCeee New Member

I don’t want to “advertise” their name, so if you want to know send me you number or email. Is there a way to private message on this site?

10. Under your Avatar - select your name - conversations

11. BillX

BillX New Member

Curious about dealer service and "no one knows anything". What has the service department told you? That they can't find any problems at all? (In that case they should have given car back to you.) Or that they can reproduce the check EV system warning but are having trouble diagnosing cause? Or fixing cause? Or has it just been sitting there unlooked at for 2 months?

12. To remove this ad click here.