Key assignment to Driver Profile

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by bldxyz, May 1, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

I cannot seem to get the two keys provided with the car to associate with the Driver Profile.

As I understand it from the manual and the on-screen profile selector, when I select a Profile, it should associate with the key I’m holding.

It doesn’t seem to.

Anyone know if there is a trick to this, or if it just isn’t possible?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

You have to unlock the doors with the key (I'm pretty sure using the key-fob button) to activate the profile associated with that key. Our Clarity Plug-In Hybrid is nicer because the driver profiles take effect by simply opening the driver's door.
    upload_2021-5-1_9-55-20.png

GvilleGuy likes this.
  4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

That shouldn't be necessary, the comfort access still communicates with the fob. You can't unlock the car with the door handle without a fob nearby.

I wonder why MINI wouldn't use the profile based on which fob is used to start the vehicle.

TripleD likes this.
  5. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Unlocking does appear to be the main trigger point. I guess having both keys present can cause some conflicts, though.

2C65D7DE-D5D1-461A-8D49-31B5180A2BA3.jpeg

insightman likes this.
  6. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

"The driver gets into the vehicle through the driver's door"

Does this imply that sometimes they expect the driver to get in through the passenger door and slide over?

Toi and GvilleGuy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Toi

Toi Well-Known Member

As a 6'4" person of larger mass... this does not sound possible nevermind recommended or not.

GetOffYourGas and GvilleGuy like this.
  9. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

LOL. And I was thinking as a 5' 9' guy in his 50s, that ain't happening! I throw out my back sneezing, for cripes sake.

10. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

I still have the car asking me which profile is mine.

I don't often lock the car in our garage, and I most often just keep the key in my pocket and use the convenience button to unlock, too.

11. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

There is a setting to always ask for driver profile, maybe you have that enabled?

MichaelC likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

I have not seen that setting.

14. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

I think @Puppethead may be right. This setting was turned on for me, and I turned it off.
    ShowProfile.png

15. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Thanks!

I found that setting, and turned it off.

But before I did, I noticed it still does not identify my key as belonging to my profile. I know, today, I have used the key to unlock the door with a remote-press. However, since my wife drove it this afternoon, when I just went down there and clicked the unlock button on my remove before getting into the car, it still showed my wife's profile as the selected profile. I changed it to mine, but I am guessing it still is not associating with the key.

16. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

Hmmm... Could any of these conditions apply?
    ProfileLimits.jpg

17. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Maybe the third condition, or the fourth, depending on the range. Seems like the third is most likely.