Just Drive It and Forget It?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by dstrauss, Jul 17, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Well-Known Member

Are there any other lazy souls out there like me who are in the "just drive it and forget it" mode about the Clarity? I just can't muster the discipline to count kWH, gasoline, charge time, charge rates, battery chemistry, temperature variations, oil viscosity, and the like any more. I find myself day after day just getting in and driving, enjoying the quiet and comfort, and every once in a while punching it when stopped next to a behemoth pickup truck that just looks bewildered at the quick start - and yes, that helps demolish EV range estimates for a few days to a week - but ya gotta have a little fun every once in a while.

Pushmi-Pullyu, VTSAX, Kailani and 3 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. JCEV

JCEV Active Member

No, you are perfectly normal. That is what Honda designed it to be. I only have a 35km commute round trip which means i can punch it and never worry. I am finding that I am using the regen paddles a lot to coast to my red lights. Love it.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

After nearly 20 years of trying to hypermile my Insight, I'm stuck in the same mode with our Clarity. However, that just means staying in ECON Mode, going light on the accelerator pedal, and working the left paddle whenever possible. For me that's essentially just get in and drive.

5. ace base

ace base Member

@dstrauss I am mostly there, I don’t fiddle with anything. I just drive in normal mode and when the battery is 2 bars I drive in HV mode if I remember to press it. The only thing I haven’t tried is sports mode, which I intend to do soon as the car is supposedly broken in after 800 miles.

6. It's a car, drive it the way you/I like it.
    I don't care about the gas price and I don't care about MPG. I only care about enjoying my drive.

I have 3 cars, Clarity is the latest one for my wife and as a family sedan after having a kid. She's more about saving pennies from gas pump. She wanted me to sell one of my other cars, I said no way, they served different purposes (and they do)

If by myself, I drive my Miata. If I have to move some big stuffs like furniture, tools and materials for fixing properties or rough road trip, I drive the Wrangler. I do enjoy looking at the estimated miles left on the display going up while putting my Wrangler behind a big truck when the tank is near empty :)

7. To remove this ad click here.