Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe

Discussion in 'Other EVs' started by 60Hertz, Feb 10, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 60Hertz

60Hertz Member

The 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe looks nice. I had a Grand Cherokee years ago and loved it, but they are kind of guzzlers. I needed a full size pickup so that is what I have now, and it gets better fuel economy than the GC did. To be fair the pickup is quite a few year newer so benefits from newer engine tech. When the GC 4xe was announced I thought maybe it would be a good second vehicle to replace my Clarity, to have the space and conveniences of an SUV while still getting around mostly on electric like the Clarity. But $60k+, ouch! Destination charge alone is $1,795. On top of that I'd be out another $3k just in state sales tax. Even after fed tax rebate, that is a lot of coin for 25 miles of battery range.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Speedtrap63

Speedtrap63 New Member

I just got a GC 4xe 3 weeks ago and while it listed for $62k, after all the rebates and dealer incentives, I only paid $48k! It does only have 25 mi of EV range give or take a mile, but that works for me in my life, I still have more than half a tank of gas!

I got the base model and for a base model it is very luxurious, aside from no ventilated seats or Active Driving Assist system, I don't think there is anything I wanted above what I got.

Given that they can't move them off the lots, you can probably get a very good deal right about now! Mine had sat on the lot for 30 days, so they were really anxious to sell it. The driving experience is really great as well, I was in love the first time I drove it!

Domenick likes this.