JD Powers Survey

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by dstrauss, Mar 13, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Well-Known Member

I reported earlier in a general thread that I had received a written JD Powers survey for the Clarity (sorry, didn't keep a copy). Now we got an online invitation to a MUCH more detailed survey. It covered every aspect, inside and out, on every component of the Clarity. I replied specific to my car, but in all general questions tried to pass along observations and problems discussed here.

The real reason I wanted to open this thread is to see if others have received this survey, and test my one major take-away; it was like I was being asked for guidance on V2 of the Clarity. There were a lot of styling and usability questions, but even more focused were a large number of visual questions with front, back, and profile pictures of sedan designs, none of which look like our current Clarity. All were more subdued (less angular body lines), lower rear profile, more downward swoop in the rear roof line - a lot like modern Mercedes/BMW/Lexus four door sedan designs and NONE had high trunks or wheel skirts. Interestingly, NONE were hatchback designs.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Any chance we could see a copy the questions in this survey, or screen shots of the questions?

Often, the questions themselves are rather revealing!

4. bpratt

bpratt Active Member

I received the survey in the mail yesterday. Very detailed and it took over 1/2 hour to complete online.

5. bfd

bfd Active Member

I got that one a few weeks ago - pretty thorough as I recall. Some initial feelings as well as lots of specific follow-up questions. To me it felt like they wanted my opinion of fit and finish as well as any performance issues I'd experienced. It probably took 20-30 minutes. I wonder if they send different surveys to different people. Since they're only sampling the population of new Clarity owners, that could give them more information with less effort. They probably ask several key questions and then branch out - what keys those automated decisions would be interesting to learn about.

6. dstrauss

Sorry - it shut me out immediately after completing the survey.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

I have done JD Power's surveys before, they are very thorough, and the tend to do a follow on after a few years. However, I don't really like how they report the data. Companies have to buy access to it, and their numbers are a bit too simple for the consumer. I.e., I want them to break out individual responses for makes and models and let me compare, but they aren't interested in doing that for consumers.

9. dstrauss

Well, that's logical - how else do you explain GM touting all those JD Powers awards in their commercials?:rolleyes:

10. J. D. Power.

No "s"

11. barnesgj

barnesgj Active Member

I got the notice, but have not had time to take the survey. Will try to get some screen shots when I do.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. dstrauss

I "s"tand corrected.

Pushmi-Pullyu and KentuckyKen like this.
  14. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Best pun of the year material!!
    There should be an award.

15. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Got my JD Power mail today. I went online and filled it out.

16. bfd

bfd Active Member

Hope you rescued the dollar bill… I almost didn't!

17. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

That was way too much time spent for the dollar. Worth the positive ratings that the Clarity deserves though.

18. bfd

bfd Active Member

Minimum wage in the mid 70s was $1.60/hr, so $1.00 for 20 minutes would've been a good deal back then. LOL

19. dana

dana Member

Completed mine online last night.

20. zbartrout

zbartrout New Member

Just received a paper version of the JDP today. Did anyone wade through the horrendous Honda issued online survey? What color did you get? How satisfied are you with the color? Is there anything you would like to change about the color? How likely would you be to buy the same color again? Would you recommend the color to your friends? OMG, they really need some consultation on survey design. Worthless...

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

21. K8QM

K8QM Active Member

I made the mistake of doing the secondary Tech Survey also. I'll probably be found unconscious slumped over my keyboard before I finish the bloody thing.

geo

22. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I did that too. Took 2 days to recover. It’s the Energizer Bunny Survey...it keeps going and going.
    JD Power sent me the on line survey request with the fortune in cash 2 and a half months after purchase.

Johnhaydev likes this.