Issue with GREENLOTS app using NFC

Discussion in 'General' started by FloridaSun, Jul 14, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Greenlots is the most common FAST charging network in my area and I like them a lot. They are only 50kw chargers but most of them are either FREE or at a very low cost (51 cents per session + 12 cents per kwh). So, I use them a lot but I do have one issue with their app..
    So, I do have a greenlots RFID card which works PERFECT and I can easily start the charge from the app by scanning the code on each charger.. However, if I try to start the session via NFC, the charger recognizes the NFC from my phone and I get a message on the charger: Account not found??? I made sure that the RFID card is assigned to the same account that was open when I tried to use NFC.. I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong. Anybody else here uses Greenlots and has/had similar issues?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Just a weird idea: any other charger apps on the phone? I had a word experience once where I was just holding my wallet to the RFID reader and it picked another card up and not the one it was supposed to. Interestingly the two providers had a roaming agreement and charging started. I only noticed because the charging stats were showing in the "wrong" app afterwards.

4. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

I just looked through the app and it has one tab that says: RFID.. If I open that tab, it shows me the number of my RFID card.. Maybe I need to be in that tab to initiate the session with NFC? I'll try next time.. I'm charging about once a week on Greenlots as it's free.. My EV has turned me into such a freeloader :D
    Haven't charged my Kona at home in 3 or 4 weeks and 2500 miles..