Is there a way to mute the parking beeping?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by 1nickatnite1, Jan 6, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. 1nickatnite1

1nickatnite1 Member

I park in my garage and it's a tight fit. Honestly, the beeping makes it harder as it's basically screaming the whole time and makes it more dangerous. I tried going into settings and turning off the auto PDC and also lowering the tone to the lowest but it's still very loud and annoying. Is there a way to do this in bimmercode? I don't understand why Mini doesn't let you turn off the sound in the first place. The onscreen distance guide is more than enough in my opinion and the sound is just overkill.

SameGuy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. endquote

endquote Active Member

I'm in the same situation. I think it's important to leave the alarms on, but like the pedestrian warning I wish I could set up a button to turn them off when doing my garage dance. I haven't found a way, though.

SameGuy likes this.
  4. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    100% this. It’s pretty horrible. I think you can only decrease the sensitivity, but I don’t want to decrease the sensitivity, just a hot button to temporary turn off the sound when I’m backing into the garage.

5. SJA

SJA Member

You should be able to code it off, or adjust it with BimmerCode. I just bought the OBD dongle and the app and was able to code a few items.

The only thing that didn’t work for me was the lock/unlock audible notification as I don’t have the alarm.

6. 1nickatnite1

1nickatnite1 Member

In my explorer it's just a onscreen selectable function that i need to activate once for the duration of that drive and it stays off. That PDC toggle switch seems perfect for this functionality, guess the lawyers at Mini didn't agree?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

YUL
    That’s the Parking Assistant.

9. 1nickatnite1

1nickatnite1 Member

I got a switches for both parking assistant and pdc. The pdc one is basically useless though. It just manually turns it on but it won't turn it off when I'm actually parking

10. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

This was talked about a year or two ago, if I recall correctly you could not turn the rear parking assistance tones off even with BimmerCode at the time. Newer models may be different. On BMWs of the time that have a trailer hitch wiring, plugging in a trailer "emulator" disables the tones. BimmerCode was an alternative, but the mini seems to be different in this area. You can turn the front sensing off.

11. SameGuy

YUL
    I can’t find a way to turn front sensing off off (temporarily). I back into my garage and the front sensors go haywire as they cross the threshold, screaming at the doorway, the trash can, the QuickJacks on the wall, all more than a foot away.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

Pressing the park assistance button on my 2022 Iconic trim turns off the front PDC. There is also a way in the My Mini => Vehicle settings => Automatic PDC Activation (either globally or the driver profile). Both of these disables the front only and, as stated, I can't adjust the alert tone volume to mute. The safety warning light above the radio will change color to indicate you are not driving as safe as you can be.... I hear not all SEs work the same way, so your mileage may vary.

14. SameGuy

YUL
    2023 with FPDC.

Can’t turn it off. Checkbox for Automatic PDC is unchecked. Park Assist switch was off before shifting to Reverse.

7FA61AC3-BD64-4F82-A7C2-69D8ADC15773.jpeg

15. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

Yeah, just to clarify, I cannot turn off the reverse direction tones. I can turn off the forward direction (D) tones (what I meant by front PDC). The manual on/off only affects forward direction, function i.e. only when D is selected.

Similar wording is in the 2022 manual, except they use the "Switching on/off" term instead of "Turning on/off".

So you have no/little tone control backing into the garage. I missed that nuance :)

SameGuy likes this.
  16. SameGuy

YUL
    :) All good, I think I knew you meant that, but we’ve seen other dissimilarities between the three model years (eg. OTA updates), and even at transitions between model years, so I wanted to just put my situation and data points out there.