Introduction - New Member from Vancouver BC

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by R P, May 26, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Joined the forum a few days ago, and found it very useful so far. When I see posts from others it sometimes helps to know their background for context. So thought it might be time for a proper intro myself. I live in Langley and am retired now.

I picked up my Kona Ultimate EV on May 1, to take advantage of the new fed subsidy, and escape the recent high gas prices. Have had my eyes on electric cars for a while, and my son bought a Model 3 last year. He was bragging a lot about all his free charging (so am I now). I also have 3 electric bikes and have solar at our cabin (Harrison Lake). So the timing was finally right to buy my first EV.

I was initially interested in the Ioniq EV, but didn't like the limited range, and didn't want to wait until the 2020 models come out with the extended range (still not as good as the Kona). I was lucky to get the colour we wanted (red), and we got a good trade-in price for our 2014 Prius C (60% of what we paid). And the Kona is a perfect complement to our 2018 Crosstrek which is used mainly for going to our cabin (rough road) and pulling our boat.

The Kona will be our primary vehicle for driving around town (as was the Prius). Not sure about how far we will use it on trips, as still a bit leery about charging station availability away from home.

So far, we really like the Kona, and it has exceeded expectations in many respects. And we get a lot of compliments and questions in parking lots.

This forum has been great so far, and look forward to learning more about our new car. Also especially interested in how others make out on trips, and with various charging stations.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Kamloops_KoNa, Roy A., KiwiME and 3 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Welcome! I really like the red, and usually I don't like red on cars, but this is a great shade for the Kona.

4. XtsKonaTrooper

XtsKonaTrooper Well-Known Member

Hey RP....

5. Welcome! I got the same color! Is yours also the Limited trim?

6. It's the Ultimate. In Canada, we have only the Preferred and Ultimate trims.

7. To remove this ad click here.