Intro and a question on the center armrest

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Mini4bv, Sep 9, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Mini4bv

Mini4bv New Member

Have small reservation deposits on a couple of future EVs: the Nobe, a 3-wheel, 2 passenger coupe, and the Fisker PEAR. But some (actually a lot of) doubt as to whether the Nobe will go into production. And while the PEAR is almost certain to go into production, when is another area of concern. Also may turn out to be nothing special.

Reviewed available small EVs and was attracted to the MINI SE by its somewhat impractical nature. Low range – no problem, would be for all the short, in-city trips that are detrimental to the engine in my Acura RDX. Two doors – have someone in the back once or twice a year and will use RDX. Thought if the SE lived up to the fun-to-drive reputation, I consider it.

Took a used 2022 SE for a quick spin and was sold. They were asking almost $42,000 and it had 10,000 miles so wasn’t interested in even making an offer. Considered ordering a new one but delays and roll of the dice as to what would be missing drove me to see what else was out there.

Lucked into a 2022 SE Signature Plus with 1,000 miles. CPO, so extra year of warranty. Got it at what I consider a good price in today’s market. Had it for 2 weeks now and really loving the way it puts some enjoyment back into driving in horrible traffic.

As to the question:
    Just noticed today that the textures on the driver and passenger sides of the center armrest are totally different. On the drivers side the roughly 2” x 6” oval insert is smooth. On the passenger side it is perforated hard plastic.

Are they all like that? And ideas as to why? Thanks - and happy to be here.
    (Did do a search but didn’t see this issue addressed; sorry if I missed a previous discussion.)

MichaelC and LaurieS like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. LaurieS

LaurieS Active Member

It is venting for a phone if you have the charger option so it doesn’t get too hot.