Interior Lights Stay On

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by ClarityBill, Oct 24, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

The interior lights do not shut off automatically when I am driving. I can shut them off by locking the doors with the the key fob.

There used to be a time delay until they shut off, when I got in the car. Any thoughts on how to get them to shut off?

I am concerned this is the start of electrical problems with the car over 220,000 miles...

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

You sure the switch is in the middle position?

4. ClarityBill

Where is the switch?

5. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Very front of the roof.
    P_20231024_100923.jpg
    That's a three position switch, on, off, and the middle is "when the doors are open".

Louis Nisenbaum likes this.
  6. ClarityBill

Yep, It was the switch.

Thanks!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. KClark

KClark Active Member

OK, I know this has nothing to do with Claritys, but your experience made me smile. A few months ago, all of the LED can lights in our kitchen got dim. We couldn’t figure out what was going on. I replaced one of them to see if it was the cheap Amazon LED replacement cans that we had purchased but that didn’t change anything. We thought maybe it was a circuit problem and reset the breaker on the panel but it didn’t change anything. Finally, after living in gloom for several months we called an electrician. He looked at the switch on the wall, slid up the very tiny dimmer slider that we had totally forgotten existed because in 10 years we had never used it, and suddenly the lights were back on fully bright. It was pretty funny, but also pretty embarrassing.

Bay Area and David Towle like this.