Install new app on Infotainment/Hondalink

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Tdude, Aug 1, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Tdude

Tdude New Member

I have been trying to install new apps on infotainment/HondaLink but so far no luck. I can’t even get Honda’s own Aha app to show up on the screen. Has anyone been able to add any apps on the system?

I am really disappointed that Honda included older HondaLink software on $35k car. The 2018 Accord has a newer updated version which has ‘software update’ feature. I can’t see any way to update the software on Clarity.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Benalexe

Benalexe New Member

This link will help you out. But just proceed with caution

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. qtpie

qtpie Active Member

I am able to install HondaHack app on my Clarity for free using these two instructions:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-how-to-enter-developer-mode-2017-t3621582

These instructions still work on Head Units in 2018 Clarity, even though it said that it doesn't work for 2018 Honda.

I don't recommend you do this if you just want to run Waze and Google Maps natively on the Head Unit. These apps run very slow. It's better to run them on your phone and connect the phone via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. I wanted to hack the unit so that I can install other apps to play music and video files from USB, such as MX Player and VLC.

5. glockgirl

glockgirl Member

I also did the $25 hack. But for some reason, the bypass isn't working. I was hopping to be able to type in addresses while the car was in motion, since I'm a passenger a lot of time in my car when my hubby is driving. But I still get everything the pop up massage about not be able to type stuff in while car is in motion

6. qtpie

qtpie Active Member

"Bypass" only works in "hacked" app, not with built-in apps (like Garmin navigation app).

7. To remove this ad click here.